Veterinary School Application
Pre-Vet Application Guide
Check out our pre-vet application guide! The guide provides an overview of the veterinary school application process, and covers DVM careers, course prerequisites, the veterinary interview, financing veterinary school, and more. The guide includes tips and advice from Stanford veterinarians, faculty, and veterinary residents.
American Association of Veterinary Medical Colleges
For students who plan on applying to veterinary school, our advisors highly recommend that you check out the following resources to prepare for your application submission to veterinary school.
- American Association of Veterinary Medical Colleges (VMCAS): Review official application requirements and veterinary schools
- Veterinary Medical School Admission Requirements: Compare schools and review admission requirements: Information about individual veterinary schools, entrance requirements, dates those prerequisites must be completed, policies regarding transcripts and tests. There is also a cost comparison tool for veterinary schools.
- VMCAS 2023 Application Overview Webinar – A comprehensive webinar on how to apply to veterinary school by Diana L. Dabdub, Director of Admissions and Recruitment Affairs for AAVMC
Financing Veterinary School
The cost of a veterinary education is significant, and most students rely on student loans to cover their tuition and living expenses. Before applying, educate yourself about the loan borrowing process and how student loan debt will impact your finances now and in the future.
- Veterinary Debt Initiative: strategies that reduce impact of education costs
- VIN Student Debt Center: resources to support student debt management